Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Pinspiration

Ahh, Monday.
I am so lucky to have Monday mornings off from work. I used to be one of those people who gets SUPER BUMMED OUT all day on Sunday, mourning the loss of the weekend and the beginning of another long, booger-filled week.
Until my new schedule started a few weeks back.

Now, Mondays are the best day ever, and my Sunday isn't preoccupied by worrying about the week ahead.

With all of this extra time in the morning on my hands, I get a chance to get more pulled-together than on any other weekday! For me, this always means a dress or a skirt.

I work in a middle school, and choosing to wear a dress can be fairly tricky. After all, you have to stick to the school's dress code (even as an employee!), and a ton of dresses in my closet have bare shoulders/are too low-cut/are too short... All of the things that would get you sent straight home to change!

While browsing on Pinterest this week (follow me here), I found an easy way to make any spring or summer dress more modest, while still being completely adorable.
 
Cute, right? Just add a chambray shirt to a polka dot dress, and belt it to define the waist.

The only problem?
I felt like my chambray shirt made this look just a tad bit too formal for interacting with my 7th and 8th graders. Maybe it was just too dark of a denim? I don't know, but I'll try again on a weekend!

For now, I added a black cardigan and rolled up the sleeves to dress down my adorable (thrifted!) green polka dot dress. I belted it with a gold leopard print belt and finished the springy vibe with new sandals.
 
 


Everything goes with polka dots. Even leopard print ;)

Happy Monday!
 
xoxo Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment